Do you feel like once you nip one cold in the bud, the next one comes on almost immediately? Does it seem like you are the only among your family members, friends and co-workers who is ever sick? If so, then maybe the problem is your immune system.
What is the Immune System?
The immune system is the defense system of the body. Think of it as an army within your body that is constantly standing at attention and ready to battle when a bacteria, a virus or any other type of illness tries to infiltrate its front lines.
This army is quite complex. It’s made up of cells, organs and tissues that work all work together to defend your body against nasty germs that have the potential to make you ill.
When the immune system is healthy, it prevents those bacteria, virus’ and other illnesses that have the potential to make you sick from actually succeeding in their mission. If an invader does pass the front lines of the immune system, it kicks into high gear, producing white blood cells, chemicals and proteins to attack and kill that invader, thus preventing you from getting sick.
If you are generally in good health, your immune system is likely healthy; however, if your immune system is poor, you are more susceptible to illnesses.
Want to unlock more brain power?
Enter to win a FREE 3-month supply of cutting-edge nootropic supplement (smart drug) Cerebro Plus.
The Benefits of a Healthy Immune System
As you can imagine, there are many benefits associated with a healthy immune system, and here’s a look at the top five:
- Overall health – When your immune system is healthy, you are overall a healthier person. That is, you are less likely to come down with a cold, a virus or the flu. When your overall health is in good shape, you are happier and have an overall good quality of life.
- Oxygenated blood – The blood is an important part of the immune system. It helps to filter out toxins and carry oxygen to the organs and the cells (also important parts of the immune system.) When your blood is well oxygenated, your cells and organs function better, which means your immune system functions better.
- Improved production of lymph – Lymph works to circulate white blood cells and other nutrients throughout the tissues and organs of the body. When the immune system is healthy, the production of lymph is improved.
- Healthy skin, nails and hair – The tissues and cells of your skin, nails and hair are also impacted by the immune system. If your immune system is healthy, you’ll have brighter skin, healthier hair, and stronger nails.
- Better digestion – A healthy immune system aids in the digestion of food. When you fully digest food, your body can properly absorb the nutrients and eliminate the waste, thus making you feel better, look better and allowing your entire body to operate better.
Improving Your Immune System
If you feel like your immune system needs a pick-me-up, there are several ways that you can give it a boost, including: